M2K order status overview
Shipping estimates for your M2K
- Orders from 9 June to 12 June: Will be shipped out on 8 August (Update: was shipped out 8 August; last order number that was shipped out: 2144)
- Orders from 13 June to 15 June: Will be shipped out on 13 August; last order number that will be shipped out: 2172 (previously: we wanted to ship out all orders from 13 June to 19 June on 12 August)
- Orders from 16 June to 19 June: Will be shipped out on 15 August
- Orders from 20 June to 22 June: Will be shipped out on 20 August (previously 15 August)
- Orders from 23 June to 27 June: Will be shipped out on 26 August (previously 22 August)
- Orders from 28 June to 5 July: Will be shipped out on 29 August
- Orders from 6 July to 9 July: Will be shipped out on 12 September
- Orders between 10 July and 31 July: We will provide shipping estimates at the end of August. Until then: take your order day and add 10 weeks to it, as a rough guide line.
- Orders from August: In September we can provide shipping estimates for August orders. Until then: take your order date and add 12 weeks to it for a rough guide line.
Why does it take so long to make an M2K?
The current waiting time for an M2K is very high, due to a combination of three factors: a) there simply have been very many orders since the beginning of June, b) this sudden increase in order volume was unexpected, c) this increase in order volume has hit us during a time of severe production issues (specifically: sandblasting the carbon fiber shells of the M2K).
A few more details about the sandblasting: previously sandblasting was done by a supplier, but that supplier has been hit hard by Covid and ran into issues with his sandblasting chamber at the same time. Add to that that sandblasting carbon fiber parts is way more delicate than sandblasting metal parts and you have a recipe for disaster.
That is why we decided to take the sandblasting in-house, at least until that supplier has gotten back into shape. Ironically we ran into issues with our own sandblasting chamber, but these issues are solved for now (sandblasting with a broken gun sucks, lol).
Doing the sandblasting ourselves is great for quality but it comes at a price: it costs us time and thus lowers our maximum output of M2Ks per week.
Shipping is on top
Keep in mind that shipping itself is going to add extra time on top. We ship from Germany, so if you ordered from Germany you are looking at 4 additional days. If you ordered from within the EU expect a week or two (the closer you are based to Germany, the quicker shipping within the EU will be), and if you ordered from outside the EU, like the US for example, expect two to three weeks.
Once your M2K has been shipped you will get an email with a tracking link inside.
Sorry for the wait :/
We understand that you likely are frustrated having to wait that long for your M2K and we are sorry for that. Keep in mind that the M2K is largely made by hand and that making carbon fiber parts is very complex (see our Blog article on this for some pictures and videos of how making a carbon fiber shell for a Zaunkoenig looks like).
This is not the first time we had to deal with a large order backlog. It happened for our Kickstarter in 2019/2020 and it happened for the launch of the M2K in 2021. In both cases it took us a few weeks longer than originally anticipated, but we chewed through all the orders. By now we know the drill. Rest assured that we will chew through the orders once more.
Join our Discord if you havent already. Waiting together is easier than waiting alone.
Last but not least: the wait will be worth it. One of the most common bits of feedback we get from new M2K owners is that they cannot go back to their old mouse. Compared to the M2K everything else feels like a brick.
Thank you for supporting us during these difficult times.